Prep Time: 20 Yild: 3-4
Cook Time:25 Total Time:45
Rice - 2 cup
Masoor Dal - 1 1/2 cup
Onion - 2 (thinly sliced )
Tomato- 2-3 (chopped)
ginger- 1 full(finely chopped)
ay leaf- 2 nos
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
corinder leaves - handfull(finely chopped)
ghee- 3-4 tbsp
cumin seedf- 1 tsp
whole dry red chili- 2 nos
salt- as per the taste
1. heat oil in a pan/ kadhai and fry masoor dal until the nice aroma comes. (keep stirring in between to avoid getting it burnt)
2. once done turn off the flame and let it cool down.
3. now wash dal and rice together.
4. in a pressure cooker add rice, masoor dal, turmeric powder, tomato, ginger, bay leaf and salt.
5. add the water as per needed and close the lid.
6. cook this mixture until one whistle and then turn off the flame. do not release the pressure.
7. let the pressure cooker cool down by itself.
8. open the lid of the cooker.
9. now take a big open mouth vessel and the cooked rice and dal mixture to it.
10. heat water in a Smoll vessel.
11. add it to the cooked rice and dal mixture as per the required consistency.
12. and let it boil on a medium flame stirring in between.
13. in the meanwhile heat ghee in a pan.
14. add cumin seeds and the broken red Chilli to it.
15. fry until brown.
16. add the chopped garlic and sout for few minutes.
17. now add the sliced onion and fry untill golden brown.
18. add the chopped coriander leaves and saute for few seconds.
19. add this tempering to the rice dal mixture and mix well.
20. serve hot along with the coriander chutney, spoonful of ghee pickle, papad or any side dish of your choice.