* 2 cups long grained rice
* 1 large onion, finely sliced
* 1/2 table spoon oil + 1/2 table spoon ghee
* 1/2 table spoon shahjeera
* 1 table spoon ginger garlic paste
* 1/2 table spoon red Chilli powder
* Whole Garam Masala ( 4 cloves, 1 cinnamon,1 Elachi,1 star Anise,1 bay leaf )
* salt for taste
Make a paste
* 1/4 cup chopped Pudina leaves, packed
* 2 green chillies
* 2 table spoon green coconut
* First soak the rice in for about half an hour. in the meanwhile, blend Pudina and green Chillies to make a fine paste. keep the paste aside.
* Once soaked, strain the water from the rice and spread it in a plate.
* Now, take a pan and heat ghee in it. pour the soaked rice and saute for five minutes.
* Remove the fried rice from the stove and keep aside.
* Take a separate pan and put 2 tablespoon of ghee in it. add Cinnamon stick, Cloves and nutmeg powder to the heated ghee.
* Saute them for a while and then add the chopped onion. fry until the onion turn translucent. now, add the ginger - garlic paste and saute for another tow minutes.
* add the tomatoes and fry till they soften. in the tomato mix , add potatoes and Pudina paste and saute for 8 to 10 minutes.
* Now, pour 3 cups of water in the mixture. bring the water to boil and then add rice and salt.
* Mix well and pressure cook. remove from the flame after two whistles.
* Serve hot Pudina rice with Raita.